Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life and Death

The past few weeks have been very stressful - two trips to Adelaide - and another next week.  Sadly my father passed away on July 14th, just two days short of his 92nd birthday. 

So I've not been interested in reading, or watching movies.  And also now I am behind with my studies.  Yikes!!!!

However, last week, I did get to the movies.  We (MM and daughter) went to see Larry Crowne with Tom Hanks.  It is an enjoyable movie - and Tom had many roles including leading actor, director and co writer I think.  It was a good feel-good movie - however, I was a little disappointed in it.  It wasn't rivetting.

He's an amazing man, Mr Hanks.  Very clever, and I congratulate him on the movie.  I wonder though, if any lesser actor had wanted to film such a story, if they would have been so lucky to have it produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment