Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No time for movies

It is sad to report, but I have had no time to go to the movies since I saw Red Dog.  I must say I am pleased to see it doing so well in the box office.  It really is a great Australian production.

I have found time to read though, and finished Sunshine and Oranges - that is a must read.  I continue to feel very uncomfortable and often outraged about the treatment of these kids who were lied to by successive Australian and British governments, and were so badly treated in Australia.  Shame, shame, shame. 

Subsequently I read Journey of a Thousand Miles - the story of the wonderful Chinese pianist, Lang Lang.  You can also listen to him at his own website here - Lang Lang's website.

He is a remarkable young man and his story is truly inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment